Negotiable rate up to £26 + per hour, Length of Contract: up to six months.
Backstop is currently seeking experienced and committed probation officers to work full time for National Probation Service in Cardiff, Newport, Wrexham, Dyfed in Powys, Swansea and Pontypridd.
If you have a good track record in probation and you are genuinely interested in work in Wales - send your CV to Backstop at email@example.com or call us on 020 87859912.
The ideal candidates will have a great track records in varied caseload work that demonstrates familiarity with high & very high risk of harm offenders, sex offenders, including individuals suffering from mental health and personality disorders.
Travel to other locations will be necessary for each post and an allocation will be made for this.
Some of the responsibilities of the probation officer:
• Assessing the risk of harm presented by offenders;
• Writing reports about offenders for the Courts and Parole Board;
• Producing a sentence plan to manage risk and address needs;
• Monitoring and co-ordinating the implementation of the sentence plan.
• Taking enforcement action where the offender does not comply;
• Assessing which offenders’ needs should be addressed to reduce the risk of re-offending and what steps need to be taken to reduce any risk of harm;
• Working with offenders to analyse their behaviour;
• Risk Management including balancing the needs of the offender against the safety and concerns of victims and the community;
• Determining sentence plans including programmes of intervention designed to reduce the risk of re-offending in the future;
• Sentence implementation including arranging interventions
• designed to meet sentence requirements and plans
• Meeting regularly with a varied caseload of offenders from the beginning to the end of their programmes;
• Liaison with Criminal Justice Agencies and related bodies including provision of reports to court;
• Database and record management.
• Possession of Diploma in Social Work Studies, Diploma in Probation Studies or a CQSW
• Experience of working with and supporting offenders or vulnerable people
• Experience of reinforcing positive behaviour during work with individuals
• Experience of working with diverse communities including promoting equality and valuing diversity
• Competent IT skills and good experience of using and maintaining databases, with a willingness to use new technology
• Experience of writing detailed reports
• Experience of planning and co-ordinating work
• Experience of motivating people to change
These specialist probation jobs are handled by the Backstop professional consultancy team; if you are interested in this position please contact us to apply now. You will be treated as far more than just a number. We are a personal agency with a great reputation - ask around - but we only take on high quality individuals who meet our clients' requirements.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who appear to fall into this category.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity by contacting us. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.