Up to £27 per hour, Length of Contract: 3 months
Backstop is currently seeking an experienced and dedicated YOT officer to work full time within a Youth Offending team based in Hammersmith & Fulham.
If you have a good track record in Youth Offending Teams and you are genuinely interested in work in London boroughs - send your CV to Backstop at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 020 87859912.
The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in Youth Offending teams and be registered with the HCPC.
The pay rate for this locum specialist social worker job is up to £27 per hour (LTD Company Equivalent) and is an initial 3-month contract.
Some of the responsibilities of the YOT officer:
• To supervise a range of community-based orders aimed at preventing offending by young people, namely Action Plan Orders, Reparation Orders, Supervision Orders, Probation Orders, Combination Orders, Detention and Training Orders and Section 91/2s.
• To deliver services to young people who are remanded either on bail, in the Local Authority’s accommodation, in secure accommodation or in custody, prior to their being sentenced by local Courts.
• Prepare sentencing reports in accordance with National Standards on young offenders appearing before the Youth/Crown Court.
• Carry a caseload, within the specific team function.
• Undertake thorough and effective assessments of need, risk and circumstances (ASSET) and developing interventions in order to reduce offending behaviour in children and young people.
• Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of work undertaken with young offenders and their families using the YOIS information system.
• Undertake office and Court duty as required.
• Work closely with a range of external agencies including police, courts, schools, reparation providers and community projects with a view to successful integration of children and young people into their communities.
• Develop constructive relationships and communicate with other colleagues, agencies/professionals.
This specialist YOT Officer job is handled by the Backstop professional consultancy team; if you are interested in this position please contact us to apply now. You will be treated as far more than just a number. We are a personal agency with a great reputation - ask around - but we only take on high quality individuals who meet our clients' requirements.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who appear to fall into this category.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity by contacting us. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.