£competitive per hour, Length of Contract: 3 months
Backstop is currently seeking experienced, committed and skillful team manager to work in Enfield.
If you are a great manager with a good track record in YOT/YOS and interested - send your CV to Backstop at email@example.com or call us on 020 87859912.
The ideal candidate will evidence a robust background in overseeing caseloads and contributing to the delivery of youth offending team services and will have appropriate qualifications (preferably HCPC reg) to deliver targeted youth support.
Just some of the responsibilities of this exciting post:
To maintain and improve a healthy and productive working relationship between the YOT and other departments within the council as well as external agencies such as courts, police and other partner agencies.
To ensure effective management oversight of case management using YOT information database.
To respond within the appropriate time-scale to any legitimate request for information relating to a client’s case or YOT service, prioritising as necessary (e.g. NODOCS notification, FOI).
To chair appropriate meetings.
Qualifications and Skills required
1. A minimum of 2 years experience of direct work with young offenders.
2. A sound knowledge of legislation, guidance and research in relation to children and young people in need, young offenders and crime prevention.
3. Experience of multi-agency working, and knowledge of the framework within which the relevant agencies operate.
4. Knowledge and a clear understanding of criminal justice legislation in relation to youth offending.
5. Experience of managing staff or developing projects within a criminal justice setting
6. A relevant qualification in social work or probation.
This specialist post is handled by the Backstop professional consultancy team; if you are interested in this position please contact us to apply now. You will be treated as far more than just a number. We are a personal agency with a great reputation - ask around - but we only take on high quality individuals who meet our clients' requirements.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who appear to fall into this category.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity by contacting us. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.