Management position. Up to £25 per hour, Length of Contract: 3 - 6 months
Backstop is currently seeking an experienced Youth Work Team leader to work full time in Brent. This post will require a track record in management.
The ideal candidate will evidence a robust background in overseeing and contributing to the delivery of youth work programmes, plus management of premises and facilities.
Some of the responsibilities of the Youth Work Team Leader :
• Make a positive contribution to the delivery of the service, this will include working flexibly and positively to achieve the objectives of the council.
• Manage and lead staff to achieve high performance and effective operational delivery, including developing and improving staff capability.
• Manage a customer focused service and the effective use of resources.
• Ensure that the council’s overall vision, values and ethos are central to the requirements of the service.
• Support effective working relationships and act as an ambassador and advocate with external organisations.
• Keep up to date with developments in service delivery and best practice to ensure the service performs effectively and to the highest standards, including acting as the Brent representative to the my place national network.
• Develop and performance manage the team of youth workers, sessional staff, facilities staff and volunteers to deliver high quality youth work programmes that can meet targets, demonstrate impact and outcomes.
• Contribute to the delivery of high quality youth work and evidence based interventions with young people through group work and one-to-one support.
This specialist Youth Work Management job is handled by the Backstop professional consultancy team; if you are interested in this position please contact us to apply now. You will be treated as far more than just a number. We are a personal agency with a great reputation - ask around - but we only take on high quality individuals who meet our clients' requirements.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who appear to fall into this category.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity by contacting us. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.