Up to £24.50 per hour, Length of Contract: 3 – 6 months
Backstop is currently seeking an experienced and committed Occupational Therapist to work in South London.
The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge and track record in their field and will have full capability to co-ordinate the delivery of Occupational Therapy services to allocated children in accordance with the agreed OT clinical pathways of care, intervention pathways and within line with the clinical decision making thresholds of need.
This is a great opportunity to showcase your specialism.
The pay rate for this locum specialist management job is up to £24.50 per hour (LTD Company Equivalent) and is an initial 3-month contract, which may be extended.
Some of the responsibilities of the occupational therapist:
• Help co-ordinate the delivery of Occupational Therapy services to named children.
• Act as an expert witness/advisor to Lewisham Education Service, attending Special Educational Needs Tribunals, Disagreement Resolution Meetings and other relevant meetings as required.
• Collate statistical data relating to the caseload.
• Negotiate caseload priorities.
• Plan and participate in clinical audit and development related to team and to specialist area.
• Develop and deliver training packages to mainstream schools to assist them in having a whole school approach to meeting children’s educational, self-help and motor coordination needs.
• Work with schools supporting them to establish programmes of support, facilitating delivery of interventions recommended ensuring they are able to meet children’s Occupational Therapy needs.
• Diploma or degree in occupational therapy
• Post registration training in specialist field of paediatrics
• Training in the area of special Educational Needs
• Experience of casework
• Excellent organisational skills
This specialist post is handled by the Backstop professional consultancy team; if you are interested in this position please contact us to apply now. You will be treated as far more than just a number. We are a personal agency with a great reputation - ask around - but we only take on high quality individuals who meet our clients' requirements.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who appear to fall into this category.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity by contacting us. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.