Up to £25 per hour, Length of Contract: 3 months.
Backstop is currently seeking an experienced and committed social worker to work full time within a Children and Families team based in Buckinghamshire.
The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice and be registered with the HCPC. They will have solid experience of initial assessment.
The pay rate for this locum specialist social worker job is up to £25 per hour (LTD Company Equivalent) and is an initial 3-month contract.
Responsibilities of the first response social worker:
• Following a contact, to establish the service user’s eligibility for assessment and determine the level of assessment required.
• To work as part of the First Response duty system and when appropriate offer advice, guidance and signposting to professionals and families.
• To undertake section 47 investigations and section 17 assessments and work alongside professional and families.
• Together with the service user and/or their parents or carers, to produce a care plan that will meet the needs of the service user and which takes account of policies, guidelines and procedures.
Requirements for this post:
• Degree or equivalent in social work
• Current HCPC registration
• At least 3 years' solid experience within children's services
• A driver with access to/use of a vehicle
This professional social worker job is handled by the Backstop consultancy team; if you are interested in this position please contact us to apply now. You will be treated as far more than just a number. We are a personal agency with a great reputation - ask around - but we only take on high quality individuals who meet our clients' requirements.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who appear to fall into this category.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity by contacting us. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.
This post is exempt under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Due to the sensitive nature of the duties the post holder will be expected to undertake a criminal record check as part of the recruitment process.