£34 per hour, Length of Contract: 3 - 6 months.
Backstop is currently seeking an dynamic and resourceful senior social worker to work full time within the children’s services team, including criminal justice cases, ensuring the best outcomes for children in Westminster.
This post will be 5 days a week, but a flexible approach to meet with applicants and attend out of hours events is essential.
The ideal candidate will possess high level technical expertise (e.g. managing court cases), to a level appropriate to be able to support the Service Manager and Deputy Service Manager and act as a mentor to other social workers or specialist workers.
The pay rate for this locum specialist social worker job is up to £34 per hour (LTD Company Equivalent) and is an initial 3-month contract.
Some of the responsibilities of the senior practitioner:
• To manage a caseload of complex and challenging cases to a high standard. Typically:
- Up to 4 sets of care proceedings in a Family Support team plus a small number of other cases
- 12-14 LAC cases (including some in proceedings) in LAC team
- or similar level of complexity/intensity in other teams
• To maintain accurate and timely recording of cases and provide reports to court, conferences, reviews and meetings using electronic recording facilities.
• To keep abreast of relevant research, knowledge and best practice in the fields of child care practice and youth justice , legislation and government guidance.
• To participate in training as required in the interests of the service and of his/her own career development and to maintain GSCC registration
• To participate in supervision.
• To participate in and contribute to team meetings
• To participate in the team’s duty rota.
• To undertake student supervision
Requirements of the specialist social worker:
• Degree or equivalent in social work
• Current HCPC registration
• At least 2 years solid experience
• (Emergency Duty Team) Qualified Approved Social Worker
• Clear enhanced CRB check.
• To have completed the Specialist Award in Child Care (PQ), or equivalent; and other professional training to enable performance at a high level.
This specialist social worker job is handled by the Backstop professional consultancy team; if you are interested in this position please contact us to apply now. You will be treated as far more than just a number. We are a personal agency with a great reputation - ask around - but we only take on high quality individuals who meet our clients' requirements.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who appear to fall into this category.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity by contacting us. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.